Antique looking, embossed metal scripture

Antique looking, embossed metal scripture

Chanakya is a very inspiring character in Indian history. He was an Indian teacher, philosopher, and royal advisor.

I was looking for a good Sanskrit quote to emboss and really liked this one.

गते शोको न कर्तव्यो भविष्यं नैव चिन्तयेत् ।
वर्तमानेन कालेन वर्तयन्ति विचक्षणाः ॥


gate shoko na kartavyo bhaviShyaM naiva chintayet |
vartamAnena kAlena vartayanti vichakShaNAH ||


One should not mourn over the past and should not remain worried about the future. The wise operate in present.

I decided to put this on a metal embossing and give an antique effect.

I traced the proverb on to the metal sheet and then started going over it with a pen. I used the pizza cutter and an old bangle to get the border effect. After the embossing was done, I went over with some black paint and used an old rag to get the extra paint out. This gave it an antique look.








Comments

Popular Posts