The Paleontologist

The Paleontologist

The weather is freezing and we cannot go out to play for a long time. The roads are also too icy for us to go anywhere. So we are basically stuck inside the house. My son loves the experiment and wants to be in the kitchen all the time wanting to learn and see new things. He kept washing his dinosaurs in a bowl of water, so I put it outside when he was napping. I wanted him to see how the water becomes ice and water again when you bring it back inside. I added a tiny bit of blue food coloring on the ice just for fun.

To help the melting process I gave him some salt, fork, hot water, spray bottle with water, some small tools (of course you cannot leave them alone with tools). He had a lot of fun with it. He also kept it near the vent so the warm air helped it melt. He was busy with it all afternoon. I added dinosaurs, but you can add anything you have on hand, such as pebbles, odd toys, plastic spoons, milk lids, etc.

This might be a good activity in the summer as well, ice can help the kids cool off.







Comments

Popular Posts